I am authentically me… a work in progress and enjoying the journey through freedom and adventures of life, love, and growth with God by my side. Through all the ups, downs, twists, and turns, I plan to see fruition of the masterpiece that is... well...me!

Friday, March 12, 2010

If Ya Don't Know, Ya Betta Ask Sumbody...



...About Eric Roberson.




Man, oh, Man... oh, man...


This is my musical soulmate forreal y'all. I truly love this man and never met him before in my life! (I know he is married and there is NO hate here... God bless them!)




Jill Scott called him a "brilliant singer with a voice like red velvet cake"... she neva lied. Period. He has worked with everybody from Jill, Algebra, J. Dilla, Lalah Hathaway, Marsha Ambrosius, Dwele and a gang of other soul artists.


He has a voice of silk and exudes peace when he sings. You can tell he truly loves what he does and has a ball doing it! He inspires me, because music is my passion. (sigh) I know I sound like a Stan.


I have been following him for the past 4 years or so and he's made such an impression on me musically! I always ask everyone if they have heard of Eric Roberson... He is a phenomenal writer and vocalist who is so transparent when he sings. I am not just a vocalist, but I love music and listen to the lyrics behind the bassline. It is not always about the beat, folks. I seek substance. I am going to work with this man one day, I promise! Mark my words! *cheesin*


He is the real deal and to be an independent artist, he has such a following. I had the pleasure of seeing him in concert in 2009 and was totally mesmerized. (sigh)


Here is one of my favorite songs Pretty Girl (produced by J. Dilla... RIP) on the LEFT album... Enjoy!



Follow his blog! And buy his albums!




http://blueerrosoul.blogspot.com/


That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment